Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Random Shhhh....tuff

There is that old wives tale that cats have nine lives.  Is it just me, or do they deliberately test that theory?  Why is it that whenever you are doing household chores involving solvents, chemicals and various disinfectants, they are right there next to you trying to get their noses into everything?  If I had a dollar for every time I've had to yell  "GET OUT OF HERE" with the accompanying foot stomp........

Counting down the days to Friday for the return of my daughter from college.  She's mine for a whole week!  Maybe this time, I'll lock her in a room and won't let her out..... ever ........  If only we lived in a castle with a tower.....

Thinking about German food.  So Gail....... I know you'll read this sooner or later.  If you ever get tired of teaching flute to kids and piano to over the hill adults like me, you should open a German restaurant, or get someone else to put in the money.  Doesn't matter who, as long as YOU are doing the cooking......

Last but surely not least, a sad era is coming to an end this week.  My father-in-law has taken a turn for the worse in Florida, and as I write this, Bill and Nancy are on a plane down there to say their goodbyes.  He is being moved to Hospice today and they don't think he'll last long once that move happens.  I hope this is the end of the destructive drinking and its aftermath in my little family.  No less than two people have expressed surprise that I am not accompanying Bill down to Florida.  I guess the thought crossed my mind briefly, but it never seemed to be an option as far as my husband was concerned.  I guess the best I can offer is to stay behind and hold down the fort.  This is the typical crisis management style of the Reece clan - circle the wagons and close out the rest of the world.  Throughout, I have been updated on a "need to know" basis, so I guess its for the best that I'm not there.   I'm pretty sure I'd just be in the way.  Just the same, this is going to be a very long week even thought it's starting on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment